Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Venue charging fees for band to play ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Venue charging fees for band to play ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artcrime

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Venue charging fees for band to play ? Reply with quote

Hi there,
I have been playing in bands here and overseas for over 20 years, I now have a new band and we started looking for work.
We were offered a gig at a club in Fitzroy, which shall remain nameless.
I was a little shocked to find that they wanted us to pay $60 for a door person, $2.20 from each ticket sale for venue hire and extra for a front of house person.
This last is not a surprise, but was surprised about having to pay for door staff & venue hire.
In the past we have usually got a small percentage of bar sales a portion of the door ( shared with any other acts) - All of the door fee was for the bands,
Along with some kind of rider.
I will add that I haven't played for a few years and that when I did play we used to get a substantial fee, normally some thousands of dollars. That said I have played in many bands but this is a first for me,
Can I ask if this is common ? How do you guys deal with stuff like this ?
Thanks
Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Music Forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: