Create an account

Pony Music Rehearsal Studios

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Members wanted for original band
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Members wanted for original band

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeburns27
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Members wanted for original band Reply with quote

Hey everyone! So I'm a singer/songwriter looking to get a band together to play my originals. I've linked my demo e.p. here https://open.spotify.com/album/0fEU0YD8kMNNu8u8FhqpYa?si=VzF94NMYRu2F_OWKpqAMmQ so you can see what I'm about. I'm wanting to expand it to become an album, and I've got a few more songs there to add. What are my influences? Radiohead, Julien Baker, Jimmy Eat World, The Butterfly Effect, CHVRCHES, and The Jezabels to name a few. I'm keen to get a bit experimental with this band.

About me? I've been in and out of the music scene since around 2003, I've played in a few bands as a Vocalist/Rhythm Guitarist and a Bass Guitarist (Urban Suicide, Octane Overdrive, and Faded Revolution), I've also done many solo gigs over the years of just me and an acoustic guitar. I've also had lots of recording experience, both professional and from home.

So what am I looking for in band members? First and foremost, people who know their way around their instrument, and are good at songwriting. If you were to join my band I would want you to help add flavour to the music, to help make it the best it could be, make it your own. Secondly, people who have similar tastes in music and are invested. I've had too many experiences with people wanting to join who don't care about what they're playing, just that they wanna play in a band. Enthusiasm is great and all, but this is a passion project for me, I'd hope it to be the same for you too. Thirdly, I'd like to be able to practice at least once a week, play gigs, record, make music videos, the whole bit and again I would hope you do too.

Age? Well, prove the above and it won't matter to me. Though, having said that, I'd prefer that our personalities click as well, so keep that in mind.

Gender? Couldn't care less, if you got talent and passion that's all that matters to me.

Locale? Hopefully within a half hour of Geelong, any further we would have to discuss.

What am I looking for instruments wise? Any of the following I guess (Multi-instrumentalists are a bonus!):

Guitar/s
Bass
Keys/Synth
Drum
Backing Vocals

So that's it from me, I look forward to hearing from you!

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Bassists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: