Create an account

G&L Guitars and Basses at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Bassist/Vocalist wanted for mature age cover band
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bassist/Vocalist wanted for mature age cover band

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanceFloorOvercrowding

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Bassist/Vocalist wanted for mature age cover band Reply with quote

We are 50 somethings - female singer and male drummer looking to start a dance orientated cover band playing music primarily 60’s, 70’s and some 80’s and beyond. Seeking a mature guitarist and bass player one of whom will hopefully be a male vocalist and sing approx. half of the songs (trying to keep the line up to 4 if possible). You need to be reasonably competent but not a world beater or professional (no click tracks here) and we don't need long lead breaks. This will be about fun and occasional gigs once we’re up and running.

Most songs need to have a dance/able beat so there will be some 70’s disco in there as well as other pop songs and a bit of Rock but generally no Aussie pub rock, slow songs and/or dance floor killers.

We’re St.Kilda based and looking to rehearse within a half hour drive (ie. Richmond or Moorabbin).

Here’s a bunch of songs we’d like to have a crack at (and see what works) but everyone’s input is welcome:

Hanging on the Telephone, Roam, Echo Beach, That’s the Way I Like It, Get Down Tonight, Play That Funky Music, Rebel Rebel, Never Can Say Goodbye, Born to be Alive, Science Fiction, Make Me Smile, Girls Talk, Der Kommissar, SSS Single Bed, Hong Kong Garden, Our Lips Are Sealed, 99 Red Balloons (Goldfinger ver.), Stuck in the middle with you, When You Were Mine (original Prince Version), Secret Agent Man, These Boots Are Made For Walking, Alone With You.

Hope this is of interest, Steve.

PM me, email srwalters32@gmail or text 0425 355 069.
Anow1972

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that you can lot of new singers and band players who can join your team and can perform in a event.I have checked some of the music bands on review uk.superiorpapers.com site page where I found good music companies as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Bassists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: