Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - What Happened to Darthveda?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Happened to Darthveda?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussiegeezer
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: What Happened to Darthveda? Reply with quote

Did the next big thing turn out to be the next big Nothing? Been looking at the listings, haven't seen them billed for the sellout shows at Etihad,
TheKrakenBeast
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's probably still sorting out those visas.
Salabim
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically,

DarthVeda's posts have breathed a modicum of life into this forum in the last couple of weeks. Flushed out one or two of the older members and probably increased the post count on threads other than the For Sale by about 500%.
brooksie86
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only assume he's currently creating a 90min Bollywood-inspired metal version of 'Twisting By The Pool'...
TheKrakenBeast
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brooksie86 wrote:
We can only assume he's currently creating a 90min Bollywood-inspired metal version of 'Twisting By The Pool'...

Hahahaha. Pure genius.
mattguitarman
Not Quite Rock God
Not Quite Rock God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably trying to find luke. try the boats mate try the boats im sure there will be a luke on one of those
aussiegeezer
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like our mate Veda might be back!!

Hey,

The Solution to Arrogance is looking for musicians! Looking for a post punk, funky sort of vibe with some Beatles influences thrown in for good measure.

I am a bass player who has been in many bands before. Unfortunately these bands have always fallen apart due to amazingly arrogant members. To get this project off on the right foot I want to make roles clear from the outset.

Guitarist: Your job, as with most guitarists, is to write music along with the vocalist. This music should match my vision of what the band is all about. I want to make it 100% clear that writing the music is your role and doesn't differentiate you from anyone else in the band. This is a collaboration.

Vocalist: Lyrics, melody and you really need to fit the look I have in mind. You must be prepared to look the part. I expect you to be able to attract the opposite sex and build our fanbase.

Drummer: Hit those, drums. Play as tight as I do. Really add to the rhythm section. If you can write all the better.

Bass Player (me): Band leader. Artistic director. Adds awesome bass lines to the songs you guys write, really making a good song great. I believe I am a major contributor and I will make the big decisions about direction.

As I mentioned earlier this is a project where you guys have to leave your ego at the door.

Please PM me with some demos of your interpretation of the style I am looking for and I will let those that come close to my vision a chance to audition and jam where we can see if you fit the vision of the band.

Josh
Salabim
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like his old stuff better than his new stuff
brilliantos
Melband Demigod
Melband Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussiegeezer wrote:
Looks like our mate Veda might be back!!

Hey,

The Solution to Arrogance is looking for musicians! Looking for a post punk, funky sort of vibe with some Beatles influences thrown in for good measure.

I am a bass player who has been in many bands before. Unfortunately these bands have always fallen apart due to amazingly arrogant members. To get this project off on the right foot I want to make roles clear from the outset.

Guitarist: Your job, as with most guitarists, is to write music along with the vocalist. This music should match my vision of what the band is all about. I want to make it 100% clear that writing the music is your role and doesn't differentiate you from anyone else in the band. This is a collaboration.

Vocalist: Lyrics, melody and you really need to fit the look I have in mind. You must be prepared to look the part. I expect you to be able to attract the opposite sex and build our fanbase.

Drummer: Hit those, drums. Play as tight as I do. Really add to the rhythm section. If you can write all the better.

Bass Player (me): Band leader. Artistic director. Adds awesome bass lines to the songs you guys write, really making a good song great. I believe I am a major contributor and I will make the big decisions about direction.

As I mentioned earlier this is a project where you guys have to leave your ego at the door.

Please PM me with some demos of your interpretation of the style I am looking for and I will let those that come close to my vision a chance to audition and jam where we can see if you fit the vision of the band.

Josh

Looks like the non-egotistical bass player is looking for a band in Bassists Available
awesomebass wrote:
Hey There,

My name is Josh and I have been playing bass for many years. I have been in a lot of bands, but they all seemed to fall apart because of arrogant egomaniacs. I am looking to start a band or join an existing band. Unfortunately Melband has some really arrogant tossers who were talking down my attempts to start a band, so I am broadening my search to existing bands looking for members.

I am looking for a band that clearly is a collaboration and therefore I dont want to be in a band where people get hung up on who is the major song writing contributor. I bring A LOT to a band and have a great sense of time and what works with a piece of music. I really believe my playing adds A LOT of energy and can really make or break a song. A good example of my playing and its ability to make a piece of music (just some pretty dull guitar) can be heard here - https://soundcloud.com/the-solution-to-arrogance/demo-one

I am 51 years old but I am more than happy to play with people much younger. I think playing with younger people is a great way for me to connect with a younger audience, especially if the band has members who crowds find physically attractive.

I have great people skills and management skills and I would be a natural choice for band leader. I also have a great sense of what sound would be successful and expect that a truely egoless band would happily let me call the shots about the sound and direction of the band.

Private message me if you want to meet up and jam!

Josh
scott45

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only assume he's currently creating a 90min Bollywood-inspired metal version of 'Twisting By The Pool'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Music Forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: