Create an account

Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Female backup & sometimes lead vocalist wanted for funk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Female backup & sometimes lead vocalist wanted for funk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Vocalists Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyonshow
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Female backup & sometimes lead vocalist wanted for funk Reply with quote

We're starting a new band and need a lady to join me singing. Looking for someone who loves lots of kinds of music to collaborate with. You don't have to be crazy good, just in key and keen to play fun music.
I'm a bass player, guitarist and singer. I write quirky and catchy, sometimes dark, sometimes funny rock, funk, folk, whatever suits the lyrics and is entertaining to listen to. I really want to start gigging and recording again.

So far I have a couple of guitarists drummers interested and lots of songs to work with. I'm also very keen to write more with a new group.

Some of my favourite artists are: Ween, Tom Waits, Mike Patton, Les Claypool, Josh Homme, Jack White, the Beatles, funkadelic, Parliament etc etc

I have a home studio in Flemington and have written lots of songs over the years, some of which I'd like to keep on and re invigorate with a new act.

A couple of old things I wrote and badly recorded: www.soundcloud.com/octopithis and www.myspace.com/hotairbaboon

I've definitely improved my singing and playing since then. I was playing guitar in hot air baboon, not bass.

Get in contact if this interests you. I'm very easy going and happy to jam with anyone who's interested in this kind of music.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Vocalists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: