Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Cate Blanchett should get off the front of my newpaper.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cate Blanchett should get off the front of my newpaper.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Creative?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 16

Orphanis06
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Cate Blanchett should get off the front of my newpaper. Reply with quote

Because nobody gives a sh*t what she has to say, why is it that every few weeks she pops her head up gives her five cents worth and the media pounces on it like she's someone that actually has a more valid opinion then anyone else. In this case it's some pedofile with pictures of little kid naked in an art gallery, seems the opinions poll is %70 against her.
And since when was she in the the group of australia top creative minds, what a load of crap. I've never really seen one good film with her in it, leads me to believe she's not all she's cracked up to be, and even if it was a good film, she didn't write it, so all creative credits (if any) should go to person who wrote the film (or book). What's that I hear she has music as well...............................you really call that music for the top of the creators???
Orphanis06
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your wondering why I wrote newpaper, its because it is actually a new newspaper.
system
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with you 100%

Who gives a **** what Blanchett thinks? She obviously a half wit to begin with.

Next we'll have journos falling over themselves to get soundbites from Wolverine.

Wankers.
JJJ
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

system wrote:
agree with you 100%

Who gives a f**k what Blanchett thinks? She obviously a half wit to begin with.

Next we'll have journos falling over themselves to get soundbites from Wolverine.

Wankers.

FYI Wolverine was hosting the 2020 TV coverage Laughing
For cereal, I watched it.

Oh and Kev........maybe now you will work out why celebrities are not good bedfellows. Laughing
toxiemite
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cate Blanchett should get off the front of my newpaper. Reply with quote

Well Cate Blanchette is using her position for some influence. Nothing wrong with that. Actors are every bit as creative as writters and directors, so its a bit ignorant to dismiss her based on the fact she's an actor.

She has the world stage as her platform and her voice will be heard louder than the average "artist". People perk up when she speaks and she knows this and so she uses that to further a few causes.

Who cares!? really!
system
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Cate Blanchett should get off the front of my newpaper. Reply with quote

toxiemite wrote:
Well Cate Blanchette is using her position for some influence. Nothing wrong with that. Actors are every bit as creative as writters and directors, so its a bit ignorant to dismiss her based on the fact she's an actor.

She has the world stage as her platform and her voice will be heard louder than the average "artist". People perk up when she speaks and she knows this and so she uses that to further a few causes.

Who cares!? really!

bollocks.

Actors are plebs who aren't creative enough to do anything else except pretend to be other people.
wankers.
sirjack
Gig Ready
Gig Ready

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l tend to agree.
toxiemite
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Cate Blanchett should get off the front of my newpaper. Reply with quote

system wrote:
toxiemite wrote:

Who cares!? really!

bollocks.

Actors are plebs who aren't creative enough to do anything else except pretend to be other people.
wankers.

1) Coming from you, thats not a surprising response!
2) Coming from you, you should know better!
system
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Cate Blanchett should get off the front of my newpaper. Reply with quote

toxiemite wrote:
system wrote:
toxiemite wrote:

Who cares!? really!

bollocks.

wankers.

1) Coming from you, thats not a surprising response!
2) Coming from you, you should know better!
Razz
Orphanis06
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Cate Blanchett should get off the front of my newpaper. Reply with quote

toxiemite wrote:

Who cares!? really!

yeah but she's asking for the prime minister to back down on his comments about a sick f*ck taking pictures of young girls and calling it art .... what if that was your daughter or little sister in the pictures.....it's siik i dont care what any one says, and whats worse than putting those pictures in the art gallery, is the media putting them up on there website and on the news.......10 times worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: