Create an account

Ludwig Drums at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - two drummer shoegaze needs guitar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

two drummer shoegaze needs guitar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonbarfoot
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: two drummer shoegaze needs guitar Reply with quote

****POSITION FILLED 12/2/19 ***THANKS

Last edited by jasonbarfoot on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
awesomebass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: two drummer shoegaze needs guitar Reply with quote

jasonbarfoot wrote:
hiya all we are so far a 4 piece...guitar /bass/ two drummers!!...we are looking for another guitarist someone who can play more hooks and core melody as the current guitarist plays drone ambient stuff underneath...so we need 2nd guitar sound to be more directive with melody..YOU DONT NEED TO BE A SHREDDER...BUT A GOOD SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF THE GENRE IS A MUST...an we are all capable of forming ideas so its not all yr responsibility...dont fret...some influences ...my bloody valentine...belong...astrobite...slowive..swervedriver..do say make thiknk etc...we have own space in northcote...gear can be left there its secure..we are all in our 40's or close to it..easy going looking to make some good gaze...if yr keen hit us up andrew 0421510973 or jason 0402512009 ...heres some rough ideas https://soundcloud.com/iwaslikeapolevault

Interesting idea to have 2 drummers. Maybe I could suggest you all join my band? I already am the bass player of my band so you would have to either dump your current bass player or possibly look at having two bass players with your bassist following my instructions.

I can honestly really bring something amazing to the table and turn fairly standard stuff into something sublime. I am a completely non egotistical and a natural band leader. DM me if you are interested.
jasonbarfoot
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thanks
TheKrakenBeast
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: two drummer shoegaze needs guitar Reply with quote

awesomebass wrote:
jasonbarfoot wrote:
hiya all we are so far a 4 piece...guitar /bass/ two drummers!!...we are looking for another guitarist someone who can play more hooks and core melody as the current guitarist plays drone ambient stuff underneath...so we need 2nd guitar sound to be more directive with melody..YOU DONT NEED TO BE A SHREDDER...BUT A GOOD SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF THE GENRE IS A MUST...an we are all capable of forming ideas so its not all yr responsibility...dont fret...some influences ...my bloody valentine...belong...astrobite...slowive..swervedriver..do say make thiknk etc...we have own space in northcote...gear can be left there its secure..we are all in our 40's or close to it..easy going looking to make some good gaze...if yr keen hit us up andrew 0421510973 or jason 0402512009 ...heres some rough ideas https://soundcloud.com/iwaslikeapolevault

Interesting idea to have 2 drummers. Maybe I could suggest you all join my band? I already am the bass player of my band so you would have to either dump your current bass player or possibly look at having two bass players with your bassist following my instructions.

I can honestly really bring something amazing to the table and turn fairly standard stuff into something sublime. I am a completely non egotistical and a natural band leader. DM me if you are interested.

I also play bass. Have you explored the possibility of 3 bass players?
awesomebass

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: two drummer shoegaze needs guitar Reply with quote

TheKrakenBeast wrote:
awesomebass wrote:
jasonbarfoot wrote:

I also play bass. Have you explored the possibility of 3 bass players?

Man you keep trolling me. There is no way you are Hands of Your Glans material. How could you possibly have three bass players without three drummers, all playing in different time signatures. One bass player per kick drum please!
TheKrakenBeast
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: two drummer shoegaze needs guitar Reply with quote

awesomebass wrote:
How could you possibly have three bass players without three drummers, all playing in different time signatures.

That is a really good point.
Drummers are hard enough to find, and my time signatures are a mystery even to myself so it looks like I'm on 3rd drums instead.

awesomebass wrote:
One bass player per kick drum please!

But I play a double kick, so we're going to be a few bass players short...
Gonna need 4 bass players now.
awesomebass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: two drummer shoegaze needs guitar Reply with quote

TheKrakenBeast wrote:
awesomebass wrote:
How could you possibly have three bass players without three drummers, all playing in different time signatures.

That is a really good point.
Drummers are hard enough to find, and my time signatures are a mystery even to myself so it looks like I'm on 3rd drums instead.

awesomebass wrote:
One bass player per kick drum please!

But I play a double kick, so we're going to be a few bass players short...
Gonna need 4 bass players now.

This is ridiculous and the is no way you are joining my band. You are more suited to The Autoerotic Asphyxiators, apparently they have lost a few more members lately. Considering the influence sonic youth had on shoegaze and the fact that during one period they had 3 guitarists, you need to have 3 guitars per bass player/drum kit. That would require 9 guitars....
yerknickers
Gig Ready
Gig Ready

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: keen Reply with quote

PM sent
petrabigmuff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMed you guys
TheKrakenBeast
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Up Bump. We still need 6 more guitarists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: