Create an account

G&L Guitars and Basses at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Bassist Required for Dance Cover Band
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bassist Required for Dance Cover Band

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanceFloorOvercrowding

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Bassist Required for Dance Cover Band Reply with quote

We are 50 somethings - female singer and male drummer looking for new members for our dance oriented cover band - playing music primarily from the 70s with some 60's and 80s. Seeking a bass player (and lead guitarist). You need to be competent and must be able to play the funk type bass grooves for all the disco stuff. This will be about fun and regular gigs once were back up and running. Gigs are already booked for the first half of next year.

Most songs need to have a dance/able beat (in the 120BPM range) so there will be a fair bit of 70s disco in there as well as other pop songs and a bit of Rock but generally no Aussie/Pub rock (no Angels or AC/DC etc) and/or dance floor killers. There will be some slower first set songs in the mix as well.

Were St.Kilda and Balwyn based and looking to rehearse within a half hour drive (ie. Richmond or Moorabbin).

Most importantly you have to want play THIS music and be able to play it well. You must also do your homework and turn up to rehearsal really knowing and being able to play the songs start to finish. There is an expectation that we can get 35 songs up and running in 6 rehearsals so you need to have the time, inclination and ability to achieve this. Rehearsals will be weekly until we're up to speed.

Heres some of the material:

Heroes, Thats the Way I Like It, Get Down Tonight, Play That Funky Music, Rebel Rebel, Never Can Say Goodbye, Single Bed, Sunday Girl, Denis, Picture This, Call Me, Dreams, Go Your Own Way, Shake Your Booty, Disco Inferno, Funkytown, Daddy Cool, Because the Night, You're No Good, Every One's A Winner, You Really Got Me, Drive My Car, Hot Stuff, Bad Girls, 48 Crash, Devil Gate Drive, Hooked on a Feeling, Lady Marmalade, Do You Wanna Touch Me, Brass in Pocket, In The Flesh, Sorrow, Total Control.

Hope this is of interest, Steve.

PM me, email srwalters32@gmail or text 0425 355 069
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Bassists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: