Create an account

Pony Music Rehearsal Studios

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - What's your biggest struggle as a Musician in Australia?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your biggest struggle as a Musician in Australia?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott45

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as an aspiring musician, i had to do alot of struggle, mostly i record my cover songs and upload them on youtube , i also perform gigs at local events and now looking for some label to sign me, i'm also writing some lyrics to laumch my very own first music album.
valentind28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Band troubles Reply with quote

Marni wrote:
I've always struggled finding like minded musicians. The chemistry and energy within a band is so important.
Whenever I've found a good band it's never lasted.
I've also always struggled with self confidence Stockage Mobile. I have doubted my abilities in the past to the point where I have voluntarily yet reluctantly left bands.
I have also given up on opportunities or stuffed up major opportunities due to fear of failure and rejection.
I seem to come up with plenty of ideas; inspiration is not hard to find...
But pursuing an idea to fruition is what I have never really been able to do.

I guess many of my major influences have been alternative and therefor many musicians I've worked with haven't been familiar or interested. There is also that fear of selling out. Wanting to be successful to a point but not wanting to compromise original creative integrity to get there.

You're absolutely right. You must never rush when it comes to music. We must take the time to choose the musician.
DavidStHubbins

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheApocalypse wrote:

Cause the ultimate thing. Exposure.

No one even knows Australian Bands exist. You can name the biggest named band in your area right now and respectfully they will draw a big number of people. That being said, I congratulate any band who can fill out the corner hotel or whatever with their own hard work and commitment but deep down regardless who they are, you'll always find someone who goes "whos that?" and thats the catch.

YES.
My 2 cents -

I'm from Europe but have been living here for 10 years.
I was* a pretty dedicated music fan back home. went to gigs regulary to see bands big and small , went to festivals, Bought new albums on the regs etc

Man the biggest shock I got since I moved over here is a lack of dedicated music shows on TV here! ... For the size of the country , the only regular music shows were like, 'Rockwiz' and 'Rage' (which goes on late and through the middle of the night ..great) but after that...uhhh thats pretty much it right(?) a bit here n there on NI TV..i think some on the community TV channel late on the weekends..jeez,

Back home there's tons of music performance and music videos on TV ALL. THE. TIME. ..Jools Holland , Channel4 , MTV, MTV2 , Live from this festival , that festival , XYZ session, documentaries, etc etc across all kinds of genres ( all on terrestrial free TV stations I may add ) Plus all the major late night talk shows have a 'band performance spot' also..that helps break the new artists.

I was used to that. For some bands I liked the image more first, maybe ,then the songs grew on me later, or grew on me through just plain repetition of that catchy hook /riff /whatever ...my new bands list has been growing shorter n shorter ever since Shocked

so after 10 years here its like I wanna go see a band on Friday night look at Beat Mag, see tons of names..still never heard of em, so do I look em up on youtube and try and absorb them quickly to make a decision to go to the venue and pay $20-35 on the gig..nahhh

Aus needs dedicated 24 Hour music tv station. Playing videos and live gigs, covering all the festivals, docos etc, surely it could work this is a 1st world country~!

Also a funny story - My best mate back home is a huge rock fan and telling me to check out this band 'Airbourne' ..hes a big fan , got all the albums, seen them at some huge rock festivals, Rock-am-Ring in Germany was mentioned...singer climbing the scaffolding on stage , playing a guitar solo hanging off the roof with one arm or something ...
"hmmm no I never heard of em here.." like ever.." thats strange but they're massive here, on the covers of the rock mags n that..they're Aussies I thought no??? "he replies ..."oh wait here yeah I see they did a album review in Beat magazine here this week yeah ..it got 1 star out of 5"...hahahaha

I saw em at the corner hotel they were great. just about filled the place i think.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Music Forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: