Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - How do you get a tour in america?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you get a tour in america?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emrysb1987

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: How do you get a tour in america? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering how someone goes about getting a tour in the USA? Im from uk and have started a band in OZ. I really dont want to go back to the UK so I was thinking of heading state side if thats possible? Look forward to your replies.

Cheers
Theorn
Melband Demigod
Melband Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hop onto a tour with a band that you communicate with in the States. I grew up in Baltimore. Touring there is pretty str8 forward. You can hire a manager and all that, but if you aren't getting tour support, just book it yourself. Gas(petrol) is still cheap and drive times can be as little as an hour between major cities if you do a straight shot up the sections like the North East coast. Otherwise, do the label schlock, which is all sorts of wonkly these days with the industries still transitioning form the old model to what ever the hell they are going to end up as. It's a matter of booking shows that some one will attend, getting some sort of gaurantee for at least most of the dates and having some merch to sell. But be prepared. T-shirts ain't gonna go for $50 USA... people are still used to paying between $15-$25 max for merch... $15 being pretty standard.

http://soundcloud.com/theorn
scott45

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for touring in united states you could hire events manager they had list of events and could arrange local gigs on demand or some concerts for you.
aussiegeezer
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRACTICE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Music Forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: