Create an account

Ludwig Drums at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Mature age textural (not rock) guitarist/bassist/singer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mature age textural (not rock) guitarist/bassist/singer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack_Canuck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Mature age textural (not rock) guitarist/bassist/singer Reply with quote

Hello!

Im hoping to find an interesting gigging/recording project to get involved in. Im open to different options and possibilities depending on whats out there.

Im 46, been playing guitar & bass (& singing) for about thirty years now. I am totally not a rock musician! My tastes run to stuff like the Go-Betweens, the Cure, the Church, etc. Easiest way to get a sense of my playing is to check out my stuff online: soundcloud.com/peter_a_russell. Everything there is me singing, guitars, basses, music & lyrics.

Ive got a good selection of gear 6 & 12 string acoustic & electric guitars, four string bass & bass VI, a selection of effects, a decent amp, as well as some recording equipment. I live in the inner west, so something within reasonable distance is needed. Ive got a full time job and a family, so Im looking for something that would work with that in terms of time commitment.

If youre doing something you think Im might be suited for, send me a PM here or email me at peter.a.russell@gmail.com.

Cheers, Peter.
thealfies2017

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Wanted! Lead guitarist Reply with quote

Hi Peter

I listened to your songs on Soundcloud and I really like them!

More importantly for me though I think you are a very good guitar player

I am looking for a lead guitarist to join The Alfies

www.facebook.com/thealfies

www.reverbnation.com/thealfies

http://www.ausband.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=284300&highlight=alfies

and I would like to know if you are interested?

My only concern is that these songs are mainly acoustic - may I please hear some examples of you playing electric guitar?

Joining The Alfies is also an opportunity for you to play your songs live with a band

Does this sound like a project you would like to get involved with?

If it is then the next step will be to have a drink and meet Michael (bass) and Mentor (drums)

I look forward to hearing from you

Cheers
Allister
pandeya34

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this peter. I will surely listen your songs now. Thanks for sharing it. I was looking for the edubirdie content and while searching for it, i have found your post which looks quite much interesting to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Available All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: