Create an account

Ludwig Drums at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Rhythm/Some lead guitarist wanted to hard rock/top 40 covers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rhythm/Some lead guitarist wanted to hard rock/top 40 covers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixx91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Rhythm/Some lead guitarist wanted to hard rock/top 40 covers Reply with quote

Hey guys.

Iím looking for musicians who live in or are able to travel to the northern suburbs to put together a covers band with the aim to play every other weekend in the northern suburbs or CBD. The musicians Iím wanting will be able to put on a high energy performance with the goal of having fun.
About Me:
I am a 26-year-old lead guitarist based around Bundoora that plays other instruments and sings. I have been performing since I was 14 years old. I started out doing covers at open mike nights. From there I formed my own band, played in venues around Australia including festivals and weddings and the 2016 AIMAís after party. After this I decided to hang up the guitarist and focus on my career. Now that Iíve been out of action for a while Iíve decided that I miss that on stage experience too much so Iím wanting to start a fun time cover band.

My taste in music includes Frank Sinatra, The Beatles, Hendrix, Queen, Deep Purple, Ac/Dc, Zeppelin, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Metallica, Pantera, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Guns n Roses, Alice In Chains, Ozzy, Black Label Society, Velvet Revolver, Muse and everything in between. Essentially if it sounds good Iíll like it. It is in this vain that I want to focus the covers around.
The Band:
High energy fun time band. I want to be in a covers band that plays music from the 1950ís up until now. Whether it be top 40ís tunes or those B-sides that you love but never hear on the radio. Iím after musicians that can change between instruments. While I want one defined lead singer with that DLR, Freddy Mercury and Bon Scott frontmanship there are also some songs Iíd like to put my guitar down and sing lead for, likewise with the bassist and any other guitarist, even in the lead singer is happy to pick up a guitar for a song or two. This way the band will be able to play a larger variety of music due to each member being more suited to sing a particular song or style of music.
About you:
- Gear and transport is essential.
- Ability to harmonise is essential.
- (Non-lead singer) Ability to sing lead preferred but not essential.
- Able to perform/rehearse on weekends
- Ability to travel to northern suburbs. Ideally the rehearsal location will be in Preston.
- In it for the fun and love of music.
- Donít take yourself too seriously. Jamming that Grease mega mix is funny and people should hear it on a night out.
- Open minded to playing what other members of the band want to play.
- Age doesnít matter
- Experience doesnít matter, Just passion
- Gender doesnít matter
- No egoís off the stage, instruments are interchangeable and there are no defined roles in the band

I actively check my PMís so if this is something youíre interested in send me a message or shoot me a text on 0407 017 550

Jake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: