Create an account

Click here to advertise on MELBAND.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - bass player looking for dark and groovy stuff
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bass player looking for dark and groovy stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Bassists Available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: bass player looking for dark and groovy stuff Reply with quote

hey people

bass player early 20's looking for an interesting band or musician(s). my bass style is 6 strings double tone sort of chris squire-ish but very dark melodies/harmonies. have been playing for 8 years
i like drummers into poly's, weird times and f*cktons of groove, like thomas haake, but also love jazz drumming. not so into the blastbeat thing.

i like guitar players who are original and don't do fiddly-fingered solos or mind numbing 70 year old blues or powersquatting core/djent stuff.

i can do singing and harsh vox

sort of don't care if it's metal or post punk or rockish or industrial or whatever, just looking for something that sounds fresh and musicians who are really into what they do and would like to go somewhere with it, regardless of the(perceived) rewards.

i like alot of weird music so i'll go for the better known and hope to ring a few like minded bells:
meshuggah (who would have thought?)
bell witch
godflesh
the cure (early)
joy division
have a nice life
neurosis (big one)
isis (the band obviously)
tool (some)
virus / ved buens ende
gojira
convulsing

PM me or somethiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
duckbomb101
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Guitarist (doom/drone/post rock) Reply with quote

Hey man,
I am a guitarist 30 (playing about 9 years) who digs pretty much all the bands on your list.
Looking to write music which is atmospheric, bleak and dark.
Not too interested in technicality rather just how music feels.
Some other bands im into are hawkwind, melvins, agalloch, boris, red sparrowes, darkthrone, of the wand and moon.
Give me a buzz on 0468500801 if your keen. I live in the city.
Cheers
Daniel
Theworldisflat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo check my ad out in the Bassists Wanted forum. Looking for Someone to mess around with some noisy Unwound/Slint sort of stuff. I've got simple guitar parts written and ready to jam, just need bass to tie it all in. Text me on 0458 332 795. My name's Jay.
Brndn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm the last item on your list of influences.

That's pretty funny.

I guess that means I've made it?

B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Bassists Available All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: