Create an account

G&L Guitars and Basses at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Groovy guitarist wanted for soul-ish, pop-ish, rock-ish band
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Groovy guitarist wanted for soul-ish, pop-ish, rock-ish band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Groovy guitarist wanted for soul-ish, pop-ish, rock-ish band Reply with quote

Hi all,

We've recently lost our guitarist to his homeland. And we are looking to replace him as soon as possible with someone who loves to play soul/funk/pop stuff with just a tinge of rock thrown in there.

Someone who can sing backup and or rap would be great too. We're just at the formation/jamming stage at the moment, so it's not like you'll be coming into something well-established. Currently, band only consists of me (singer, lyricist), drummer and we are likely to have a bass player very soon.

We're looking for someone who is as comfortable creating original stuff as they are doing covers, because we are aiming to do both. We are also looking for someone committed but also chilled out. We'd like to get out there and play over the summer. We're both in our late 20s/early 30s, and someone of a similar age would be ideal, but other than that, we're very open to all genders, sexualities, ethnic minorities etc.

To give you a sense of what we're going for, here is a list of our covers (happy to send you some vids of us practising a couple of these if you want too):

No Sugar in My Coffee by Caught a Ghost
The Wire by Allen Stone
Human by Rag n Bone Man
Kiss by Prince
Waterfalls by TLC
Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand
WALLS by Kings of Leon
Bring it on Home to Me by Sam Cooke
Castaway by Curtis Harding

Anyway, pm for further details/questions. Smile

Cheers,

Matt
Russellbannister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

I like to play soul and funk! I mostly come from a rock background but am keen to play more funky music. I am also in my late 20's, early 30s (I am 30).
Just a couple of questions:

Where do y'all live?

could send me the video of you both practicing the tunes?

I have played music for many years now so I am sure I could contribute to the project. if you could email me back at russellbannisterdrums@gmail.com (drums was my first instrument) that would be great

Regards,

Russell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: