Create an account

G&L Guitars and Basses at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - The Solution to Arrogance is looking for musicians
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Solution to Arrogance is looking for musicians
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby2hotty wrote:
Plenty of awesome bass players around.

But for what you can bring to the table?

White, no sugar and some yo yo's please.

Man I am sick of arrogant dicks like you devaluing my contribution, really, really sick of it.
Robby2hotty
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry man. I don't like coming across this way.

I love Duff, Flea, John Paul Jones and pretty much any bassist in a skirt.

When I'm feeling down, a nice coffee n biscuits usually puts me back on track.
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby2hotty wrote:

Your response was almost believable until the belittling comments about tea and biscuits...
Salabim
too much time on hands..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesomebass wrote:
Robby2hotty wrote:

Your response was almost believable until the belittling comments about tea and biscuits...

Your trolling is getting poorer with each post. C'mon man, people are posting for a laugh and you're just returning fire with boring, unimaginative efforts.

If you're going to do it, at least try. For the sake of everyone's entertainment.

(...and yes, I am already aware you think my response is belittling, I'm arrogant and I don't appreciate how awesome you make everything)
Robby2hotty
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take absolute offence.

I do not.

I have not.

I will not ever ask my bass player to fetch me a tea. I'll leave that for the Gallagher Brothers.

I'm a coffee man through and through.

So you know what to order.

We can discuss the rest. I have a heap of song ideas for you to sprinkle your magic bass dust all over but I need my coffee and today I'm leaning towards doughnuts.
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salabim wrote:

Your trolling is getting poorer with each post. C'mon man, people are posting for a laugh and you're just returning fire with boring, unimaginative efforts.

If you're going to do it, at least try. For the sake of everyone's entertainment.

(...and yes, I am already aware you think my response is belittling, I'm arrogant and I don't appreciate how awesome you make everything)

Its a hard job and you guys obviously dont appreciate what I put in.

The inspiration for awesomebass and I dont talk anymore, so I have limited material to draw on. Constant complaining that everyone but himself was an arrogant asshole was his schtick though.
-D
Gig Ready
Gig Ready

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesomebass wrote:
Salabim wrote:

The inspiration for awesomebass and I dont talk anymore, so I have limited material to draw on. Constant complaining that everyone but himself was an arrogant asshole was his schtick though.

Posted this from the wrong account...?
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-D wrote:
awesomebass wrote:
Salabim wrote:

Posted this from the wrong account...?

No, you arrogant prick, I didn't
-D
Gig Ready
Gig Ready

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesomebass wrote:

lol okay. Just sounded like you were talking about yourself here: "Constant complaining that everyone but himself was an arrogant asshole was his schtick though." Meta as fck

So tell me what you bring to a band! I've got a band together that needs a bassist. I write music, lyrics, sing a little bit have a vocalist lined up... just one piece missing!

What's your name? Age? Where you from? What gear do you use? Can you provide demos/samples/documented experience?
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-D wrote:
awesomebass wrote:

lol okay. Just sounded like you were talking about yourself here: "Constant complaining that everyone but himself was an arrogant asshole was his schtick though." Meta as fck

So tell me what you bring to a band! I've got a band together that needs a bassist. I write music, lyrics, sing a little bit have a vocalist lined up... just one piece missing!

What's your name? Age? Where you from? What gear do you use? Can you provide demos/samples/documented experience?

You can call me Josh. I am about 51 years old.

Yes I can play bass and my parts arent at all bad, but I need constant ego stroking and reassurance that my contributions are AT LEAST as valuable as those of the songwriters. This especially in light of the fact that I never write any music or lyrics from scratch. Dont worry though the moment I add my awesome part, the songs transform in to MINE. Once this happens if you make any comment that is less than positive about the song, even if you wrote the thing, expect a barrage of abuse and character attacks.

I will go around town bragging to anyone who listens about the tracks on which I collaborated. I will make sure people agree that my part were the most important contribution. This may even happen with recordings that I havent yet added any parts to (yet!).

Being in a band with me means that you have to be ready to receive loads of constructive criticism. If I dont think the music you come up with is representative of what a band I am in is all about, I will definitely let you know. Also if you comment less than positively about my contributions, expect a barrage of abuse and character attacks.

When I quit your band, likely just before a gig, expect that its a power play as I am not being given enough control. I will expect you to beg me to stay and give me what I want. If you go and replace me, expect that I will come to your gigs and criticise my replacement. If you say my criticism isnt welcome expect a barrage of abuse and character attacks.

I am a parody of a real extremely insecure yet egotistical bass player - got it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: