Create an account

Open Mic @ Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - I got screwed at Drumtek
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I got screwed at Drumtek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Music Tips, Hints & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: I got screwed at Drumtek Reply with quote

Just putting it out there as there aren't many drum stores in Melbourne and Drumtek was my go to. That was until I bought a drum kit early last year with all the bells and whistles...

I had trouble from the start with a dodgy kick pedal that i ended up upgrading.
A year after I bought the kit a failure happened that I had never expected before on any kit let alone a brand spanking new one... The tom stands broke, one after the other, just broke apart into pieces; completely shattered, irreparable and quite frankly beyond comprehension.
I love my drum rolls and contacted the shop straight away as I had a gig the following week.
I sent an email, made a phone call, visited the store and nothing...
They never got back to me. 6 months later I still can't use my toms and another email sent a week ago. No response!

Anyone else had a similar experience with a new Mapex kit??
Redlich
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds to me like a pretty simple warranty issue. Very strange that they haven't sorted this out for you. I'd try and go in and explain your case to the manager on duty. They should be able to send your broken stuff in to the Mapex distributor to be assessed and then hopefully replaced.
lunchbox
Gig Ready
Gig Ready

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask to speak to &see either Ray (manager) or Frank Corniola (owner).
lunchbox
Gig Ready
Gig Ready

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There communication skills( or lack thereof) leaves alot to be desired.I used to hang out at the shop/store in the early 90s often until 9pm on friday's when Steve Morrison(then manager) was running the shop.Once he left the service has gone downhill Ray's not even a drummer himself he's a former shoe salesman or manager at the former Crosby shoe factory!.Regretfully&unfortunately the shop is run by genyer's(no offence) that both have no customer service skills or communication skills.Though if you DID deal with Ray directly i'm aghast, horrified, shocked,(even hardly frequenting the AUDW) i still when i deal direct with Ray get personal service &sometimes better service than there opposition!.They don't even answer there FB posts!,
Sorry to read about your tale of whoa hopefully it'll get fixed&sorted a complaint to office of fair trading will! BUT deal with&speak to either Frank or Rossana Corniola 1st.
BigLabowskie
Gig Master
Gig Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never liked mapex myself,,did you take broken parts back&show em etc?..
but with most cheap kits the hardwares crap anyway,
good pedal,snare stand&cymbals stands&snare always!
as the tom stand if its a 12 or 13'' or 14'' tom you can use a snare stand,but
i say move one..& upgrade!
drums are cheap in the marketplace at present,,good time to buy,
goodluck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Music Tips, Hints & Information All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: