Create an account

Click here to advertise on MELBAND.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Is this guitar rare?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this guitar rare?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Music Tips, Hints & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarhomer66
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Is this guitar rare? Reply with quote

I have an ES 335s which is a solid body 335 - I believe they were first brought out in the early 80s and then stopped for a while then had a brief return more recently -mine was made in 2011- after extensive research with Mr Google it appears they are not made anymore - does that make it rare? (and thus more valuable)
It is a bit of an oddity but it looks good and plays really well - I'd post a photo but I have no clue how to do that- it's still on the Gibson website though (as not available) - mine is the vintage sunburst

Any clue as to whether or not they are rare or any general info from other guitar lovers would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Homer
benfranklin
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Gibson-Firebrand-335-S-Standard-Natural-Solidbody-W-OHSC-/132132206761?hash=item1ec3b178a9:g:VK8AAOSwOgdYp11U

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Gibson-Firebrand-335-S-Standard-Natural-Electric-Guitar-w-Case-81410580-/201608577986?hash=item2ef0cec3c2:g:j30AAOSw5VFWQP-Q
guitarhomer66
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this one http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/335-S/Specs.aspx

made in 2011 at the Nashville Gibson Plant - the zebra Burstbucker pups and only one Tone control - sort of like an improved reissue of the 1980's version but I can't find much other information about how many were made etc

any news/info?? anyone??
guitarhomer66
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I figured out how to post a link at least Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

any info appreciated

cheers.
guitarhomer66
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously,can anyone tell me anything about this guitar
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/335-S/Specs.aspx

I can't find one for sale Anywhere ( not the re-issued 2011 model like this)

Does that just mean they were really unpopular and thus disappeared without a trace ??
jdbl
Gig Master
Gig Master

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are you wanting to know?

The ES335-s was released in the early 80's for a few years. It was a marketed towards studio players and could split the Dirty Fingers humbuckers to singles.
Ebony board, fine tune tailpiece, brass nut - Typical Norlin finishes.
This is what Google will tell you also.

The reissues aren't anything like the originals, but they're good simple rock guitars. They're worth what people will pay for them - look up completed sales on Ebay to figure it out.

I had one exactly like this. Slapped a Bigsby on it on a Vibramate - it was a good fun guitar, felt like halfway between an SG and a LP Custom.

Repairs, custom work, one off's and modifications.

delaneyeffects also on Facebook
guitarhomer66
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well......to be honest I was looking to sell it so was checking if it was worth more than I paid for it (if they're not made anymore) - but, alas, according to ebay the answer is "no"

it's a beautiful guitar with a nice sound but it's SOOOO HEAVY!! It's a PLANK!! I get a sore back after about half an hour - I shudder to think how heavy it is with a Bigsby as well!? would look way cool though!

thanks for the responses Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Music Tips, Hints & Information All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: