Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Live Mixer Recommendations Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Mixer Recommendations Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratovarius
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Live Mixer Recommendations Please Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I have a pair of JBL EON G2 15's, just after some advice as to what would be a suitable live mixer to run them. Not using them a lot, so not really interested in spending a huge amount, but should I future-proof myself and go digital, or go for an older analogue unit?
Foxwelian
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: more info... Reply with quote

Need a bit more info to answer this...
What are you going to run into the desk? How many inputs do you need? Need to run keyboards and/or backing tracks? Need sub-mix out for a click for a drummer? Need to get a stereo mix for recording out of it? Need on-board compression and EQ?

Without further info, I'd run as light, compact, low cost and lowish noise as possible. Analog or digital could do that.
arabshark
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a good analogue unit.

If you don't need a lot of channels (say for an acoustic duo) look for an old Soundcraft Compact Desk (nice pres for a cheap desk)

If your looking to run a full band for live shows, get an Allen and Heath Mix Wizard 2.

I mix a lot of live shows and have to say I love the sound of Allen and Heath analogue desks the most.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Pro-Audio All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: